Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Minsk, Belarus

As you all know I attend church at Tates Creek Presbyteian Church (TCPC). I love this church and all that it is allowing me to learn and do. I wanted to let you know what God has been doing in my life this fall. God has been increasing my desire to serve him in missions. I have the opportunity to join the team from TCPC in Lexington that is going to Minsk, Belarus Nov. 17th to Nov.27th , 2011.

TCPC has been involved in ministry to the Belarussian people for the past 17 years.  Belarus has a population of 10 million.  Belarus is located above the Ukraine and east of Poland.  It is the least politically and economically advanced country of all the eastern block countries occupied by the former Soviet Union.  Because of the depressed economy and the hopelessness of future opportunities along with the 70 year influence of the Godless communist government, we find that the Belarussian people are very open to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

While participating in this mission trip, I will be involved in the following activities:

  • Sharing the Love of Jesus by taking Christmas gifts to orphans
  • Building relationships and sharing the Gospel with College students
  • Encouraging the Belarussian believers to be salt and light in the midst of their dark economic and political culture.
  • Using my vocation to build bridges for the Gospel
  • Helping New Land Church(our church partner in Minsk) reach their community for Jesus Christ  
I am asking for prayer from all my friends and family as I am preparing for this trip because I have to prepare mentally and financially. I have to raise $2100 to go and that is a lot of money. I also have never been out of the country before so this may be a huge culture shock for me. With all of that said I am very excited that the Lord has given me the opportunity to serve him in this way. 

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment