Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Seemingly Impossible

So, the craziness of the holiday season is hitting me a little earlier this year. I have many exciting things coming up that are going to keep me as busy as ever. Next week are two of these big things. My little brother is in Marine Boot Camp in South Carolina as I type and he will be graduating next Friday, October 14th. That same day is the TCPC College Retreat that I have spent the past several months planning so I have to also be at that which is in Gatlinburg. This sounds pretty impossible. However, the Lord has miraculously found a way for me to go to both. Through a very sweet friend of mine he has allowed me to get a rental car to drive to SC and then to Gatlinburg, because my car wouldn't make it that far. The timing of the graduation and the retreat are far enough apart that I can go to both in the same day. I am very excited to see my little brother achieve something so wonderful. The best thing is that he doesn't know that my older brother Shawn or myself are coming so it is going to be such a surprise. I am also excited about the College Retreat. It's in downtown Gatlinburg and it's with 250+ college students. I know I am out of college but it is refreshing to spend a weekend with college students. To see the Lord work in the lives of young people in just 3 short days will be very encouraging. I remember being the college student that attended Retreats, Conferences, and Summer Projects, so it's sweet to be apart of them now, even if it's just a little part. As the craziness begins please pray that I will work unto the Lord as I start to get busy and to see the work that I am doing as a service to the Lord. Pray that my dance team continues to do great, and they form lasting friendships with each other. Pray that the College Retreat runs smoothly and that many students strengthen their relationship with the Lord or come to know the Lord if they don't already. Pray for sweet time with my brother. Lastly, pray that as I start to get busy that I don't lose focus on my trip to Belarus, the support that needs to be raised, and the reason I am going. I am very thankful for my friends and my family, you all are an answered prayer from the Lord.


 Pictures of my little brother Chris and I 

 This is the group of students that went on the College Retreat last year from Georgetown College




"so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well" 1 Thessalonians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment